Recent events concerning violence in young people are taken by many to indicate a deficiency in Emotional Intelligence and a desperate need for lessons in handling emotions.
The objectives of this highly interactive INSET are to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and why it is important in school
- Understand how EI can empower us personally and professionally
- Develop insight into participants' own values, beliefs and biases, and those of the pupils they teach
- Teach methods to manage emotions triggered by differences
- Develop strategies for building harmonious and productive relationships
- Provide tools to use in school
No classroom teacher can afford to ignore the contribution of emotional intelligence and emotional literacy to academic achievement and citizenship.
1 school day - approximately 5 hours